Making Jesus real in our hearts and community.
Take a look at the Outreach Center in Levans Hall!
Drop off these items any time the church is open at the Outreach Center in Levans Hall
- Save tabs from cans to support Ronald McDonald House Charities.
- Purchase non-perishable food items for our local food pantries.
- Save labels and Box Tops for Education to support Parkwood Elementary School.
- Gather new and used Children’s books for Parkwood Elementary School.
- Donate disposable plates, cups, napkins, plastic silverware, sugar, creamer, coffee, tea, cereal, soup, vegetables, salad dressing, travel sized health and beauty items, DVD movies, and pocket size books for the homeless and home insecure for PADS
- Donate items for the youth to assemble into Blessings Bags for our friends in need. You can take assembled blessings bags with you if you are need, or pass someone along the way who would benefit from. The list is available here.
If you have the time to volunteer, here are some on-site and off-site opportunities
- Red Cross Blood Drives will take place January 12, May 17, July 12, and September 13, 2020. To sign up to give go to http://www.redcrossblood.org. Our zip code is 60103. If you would like to help with the drive contact us.
- Sign-up at the Outreach Center in Levans Hall to prepare food for PADS (Public Action to Deliver Shelter). Out next PADS Nights are February 20, 2020 and April 10, 2020 at Prince of Peace Lutheran (930 W. Higgins Rd, Schaumburg IL). You can drop off your dish or stay to help serve. If you aren’t a cook but would like to help, you are still welcome! Contact us for more details.
- We are helping out a family in Wayne Township and a family in Hanover Township. Bring in food, giftcards, and other household helpful items (toilet paper, paper towels), for the EASTER NEEDY FAMILIES collection. The collection will take place March 1 – March 29, 2020, with everything delivered after worship on April 5th. Drop items off at the Outreach Center in Levans Hall and the freezers.
- Bring items for the Backpack and School Supply Collection for Parkwood Elementary to the Outreach Center in Levans Hall July 5th through August 9, 2020.